Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Nothing is guaranteed

Wow. I know I haven't posted in a while, but I didn't realize that it had been over a month since my last post. As you can tell not a whole lot has been taking place in my life spiritually lately, I've had no epiphany's or major developments. I did however kind of have a wake up call yesterday. Kind of.

Yesterday at work we had an unfortunate event in which a fellow employee lost his life. I didn't know him, he works up front in the sales department and I work in the body shop so our paths didn't cross, but what struck me was that this gentleman was 22 and had a heart attack. That just isn't right. I later found out that he had a weak lung, but none-the-less at 22 a heart attack doesn't even begin to cross your mind. That is, unless you are around that age and you have to go to a company meeting and have a paramedic speak about what happened. It kind of opens your eyes to the idea that once again, nothing in this life is guaranteed. It made me look at myself and my habits. Those of you who know me personally know that I have some poor habits ( for instance my eating habits ) that do nothing to help my health. I was going to make some changes already, but having this happen will hopefully have the impact to actually make me make the changes. I shall be doing my best is all I can say.

I guess that that is about all I have for this post. I hopefully shouldn't take a month to post again, so please, keep checking, taking part in my journey and leaving comments.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is very shocking - only 22 years old!!!

I hope you are successful at making the changes you see as necessary right now and learning about any others that you need to make in the future.

Love you!
Mom